Diedenbergen was first mentioned in 1366, but the historical roots trace back to 500 B.C. as evidenced by numerous hillside graves from the earliest settlers. Indeed, Roman settlers built a stone road through the village to connect Diedenbergen to the Roman fortress in Mainz-Castell. This road, today named the "Casteller Straße", is still the main road through town.
The centre of the village is dominated by the Protestant church built in 1754-1756, which is noted for its rococo organ handcrafted by the well-known German organ maker Johann Conrad Bürgy (1721 - 1792).
Diedenbergen is also home to the Hofheim’s own vineyard on Wickerer Berg, which features a well-marked walking trail to inform visitors about winegrowing. Many motorsport fans know about Diedenbergen because of its Speedway, which is mostly used for motorcycle racing and has the capacity for 8,000 visitors.
Diedenbergen was incorporated into Hofheim in 1972 and is very centrally located near the A3 highway (Cologne-Frankfurt) and the A66 (Wiesbaden-Frankfurt). It has a population of 3,935.
More information about Diedenbergen can be found at the German language website http://www.diedenbergen.de/